Founded in 2008, LEMCO is a Land Economic Management & COnservation sustainability company based in Australia. LEMCO Mgt Pty Ltd supports the establishment and development of a new class of ‘Asset’ to support the following:
- Rainforest Conservation Programs
- Mangroves Conservation and Rehabilitation
- Planting of Biofuel crops in cleared, degraded lands
- Supporting Sustainable Agricultural Projects
- Programs addressing food security
- Programs for Preservation of Wildlife and Sea Life
- Third World Community Economic Development programs including Low Cost Housing Solutions
- Crowd funding of Community Based Sustainability Projects
Managed by a group of professionals with a wealth of experience, LEMCO is a leader in integrated-land-use, biodiversity conservation, sustainable forestry management, asset trading, and environmental services. We are a highly specialised group committed to guaranteeing that forests are preserved and developed in a sustainable manner for the benefit of the communities and ecosystems that live within them.
LEMCO has secured Land Economics Management Agreements (LEMA) and other similar contractual terms from local land-owners, mainly indigenous and afro-descendant communities. LEMCO has already laid the foundation work of identifying and developing projects in partnership with communities, landowners, timber interests, governmental agencies and the not-for-profit sector. We have also undertaken the required studies to ascertain the eligibility of a variety of other integrated land development programs such as Bio-fuels, Sustainable Forestry Management, Reforestation Programs and Biomass Plantations.