The LEMCO approach makes a real difference in the developing world. Our solutions preserve natural resources, combat climate change, maintain cultural attributes and create long-term employment opportunities for indigenous communities.
We support sustainable development through:
- Land banking in developing countries for production of organic exportable produce.
- Crowd funding of community based sustainable projects.
- Creating real eco-tourism and agri-tourism opportunities.
- Crowd funding for conservation projects.
- Providing real modern low cost housing solutions.
Our activities include:
- Production of Fair Trade produce such as cocoa, coffee, coconut and other organic produce.
- Assisting distressed plantation estates.
- Growing and harvesting seaweed in coastal communities.
- Sustainable fish farming, mud crab farming and other aquaculture opportunities.
- Planting biofuel crops on degraded and cleared lands.
- Rehabilitation of degraded forest areas.
- Creating agri- tourism opportunities.
- Property development, including resorts.
LEMCO identifies underutilised land and partners with the landholders to develop that land. Crops are then planted, harvested and exported, providing both short and long term opportunities for local indigenous communities. The Organic Foods trend has become the fastest growth sector of Agriculture and Food production. We see ‘organic’ as an opportunity for the developing world. This is driven by the land of a number of developing regions being untouched and ideal for quickly supplying the Global Organic Food Market.
Our approach integrates supporting industries to increase the value of the products being grown. LEMCO encourages vertical integration within all our sustainable development projects to create a stable economy.